After “the liberalisation of railway transportation and reorganisation of TCDD” studies ; The Law on the Liberalisation of Turkish Railway Transportation numbered 6461 has published
on 1 May 2013. In this context, TCDD was identified infrastructure operator and TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş was identified and establisged as an railway train operator on 1 January 2017.
With in the scope of railway train operation; The main activity areas of TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş. :
– Passenger Transportation (High speed trains, conventional passenger trains, suburban trains)
– Freight Transportation ve Logistic Services
Beside of these; repairment, maintenance and renewing of Rolling stock is a part of these activities. At the same time, Eskişehir Demiryolu Eğitim ve Sınav Merkezi which education
center of TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş, provides education and certification activities.
TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş has 15 departments on DG, 7 Regional Directorates (İstanbul, Ankara, İzmir, Sivas, Malatya, Adana, Afyonkarahisar) and 2 Management Directorates (Yüksek
Hızlı Tren and Marmaray). Regional Directorates have a lot of workshops which have different capacity, to maintain and repair for rolling stock. High Speed Train Maintenance
Workshop which is in Ankara-Etimesgut is one of biggest workshops in Europe. TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş have about 16000 staff to provide maintenance and operation activities.
Vocational and technical education activities for railway professionals and staff carries out with;
– Education Centers of TCDD and TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş
– Rail Systems Technology Sections of Vocational and Technical High Schools,
– Rail Systems Technology Programs of Vocational Schools of Universities.
TCDD and TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş have an active role in the implementation and execution whole these education and training programs and important experience and key role in this
area. Our European Union Projects which we take part in Vocational and technical education projects are as below:
– Strengthening Vocational Qualifications Authority and National Qualifications System in Turkey Project (UYEP – Ulusal Yeterlilik Sisteminin Güçlendirilmesi Projesi): National
occupational standards and qualifications of different levels of railway professionals have prepared in coordination with the Vocational Qualifications Authority accordance with
European Qualifications Framework.
– Establishment of National Qualification System and Voc-Test Center in Railway Transportation Sector (RAYTEST – Demiryolu Taşımacılığı Sektöründe Ulusal Yeterlilik Sistemi ve VOC-TEST Merkezi Kurulması Projesi) : VOC-TEST center has been established for certification to vocational training and qualification accordance with national occupational
– Strengthening the Vocational Education and Training System Project (SVET/MEGEP – Türkiye’de Mesleki ve Teknik Eğitimin Kalitesinin Geliştirilmesi Projesi) : TCDD made
contribution for prepation of training modules in field of rail system technology.
– Improving the Quality of Vocational Education and Training in Turkey (IQVET – METEK – Türkiye’de Mesleki ve Teknik Eğitimin Kalitesinin Geliştirilmesi Projesi): TCDD made
contribution for increasing the quality of training modules in the field of rail systems technology.
– RAILVET/ECVET Railway Operation in ECVET – RAILVET (Raylı Sistemler Teknolojisi İşletme Modüllerinin Revizyonu ve Avrupa Kredi Transfer Sistemine Uyarlanması): Within the
scope of the project, the operating systems of the rail systems technology area were revised, the transfer to the European credit transfer system was planned and a common approach
was reached with the project partners.
– Investigation of The European Union Railway Safety Management System (ABDEYS-Avrupa Birliği Demiryolu Emniyet Yönetim Sistemlerinin İncelenmesi Projesi): Provided for
certification of railway staff and managers, trainers and experts which are working for safety management system components have trained and made learning mobility.
TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş. Eskişehir Demiryolu Eğitim ve Sınav Merkezi with the works carried out outside the European Union projects;
– Accredited by TÜRKAK with its AB-0260-P accreditation number
– Authorised by MYK (VOA) with its YB-0194 code number.
– Authorised by Directorate General of Railway Regulation to education and exam processes.
– All on-the-job training programs have revised.
– Pre-employment vocational training processes are defined.
The key persons to take duty in the project were selected from experienced professi